Friday 23 June 2017

The Strange Machine

I pulled the dial ever so slowly but then one of the weirdest noises I have ever heard just came out of nowhere
“Ranka Chank!”
I took a step back not knowing where one of my crazy uncles inventions might go, but I quickly came to my senses and realised that my uncle wouldn't have sent this machine if it was dangerous or could harm me. So I crept up to the machine slowly like a tortoise and as quiet as a mouse and as soon as I pressed that play button my new adventure began…

“Boop, Beep, Crank, Zip… POP”
I honestly thought I was one of those Umpa Lumpas from the chocolate factory making something crazy for the kids to go nuts about. But no those are just the sounds of the wacky machine my uncle sent me, I don’t know what he was thinking it only makes a wand! I even held it and said
“Abracadabra!”
But I guess I could see if it works if I thrash it at something, let’s see, oh i’ll use that pot. And to my surprise the pot just absolutely disappeared! I don’t know what happened?

The next day I soon received a letter from my uncle saying  that someone is after him so watch out for anything suspicious. I read the letter over and over again thinking why should I watch out they are after him not me, it’s not like i’m his next in kin and they can take me and pressure him into giving up his precious science inventions, Oh wait they CAN! Oh no.

A few seconds after I received this devastating news I heard the door shut. Then two mysterious shadows came in the room. They came up to me quietly and said in a deep manly voice
“Are you Maddie Cromwall?”
I was frozen, I didn’t know what to say. I just stood there shaking, my hand was trembling like a leaf. Then angrily one of the men asked the same question again. I was stunned could these be the kidnappers my uncle warned me about?

All of a sudden one of the angry and very strong men started to tug me by the arms. I tried to pull back and struggle against them, but he was too strong for me. But I quickly came to my senses and I zapped the wand out and as they were still ceasing my arms. Then
“Zap!”
The wand suddenly bursted out and took those nasty men away. The room went silent.

Maddie was so in shock that she felt that she couldn’t speak nor move. She just stood there. But eventually she breathed a sigh of relief knowing that those horrid men had gone. Now knowing that she was safe she went back to what she was doing earlier, sleeping. But little did she know that this was only the start of the adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment