Thursday 23 February 2017

My Letter of Application

Tell me what you think:

Emily
Springston
Canterbury


9 February 2017


Springston School
16-20 Leeston Road
Springston 7616


Dear Appointment Panel (Mr T, Wendy and Mrs P)


I am writing to you today to apply for positions on the student leadership teams. I would like to be considered for being a Deputy house leader for Earth. I would also love to be considered for the Ambassador Team, Catering Team and Sports Team.


First of all here are some reasons why I am great for the role of a Deputy house leader. I am a awesome role model to the younger and older children. I am also a helpful person who is always ready for a challenge. I can also manage a group well and give instructions clearly to children, and adults sometimes😉. I always try not to give up with challenges that hits me. I perceive and try to reach my goals to the max. I am lastly a reliable person who is always ready to help and be a responsible leader.


Here are a few reasons why I am suited for the Ambassador team. I am firstly a hardworking year 7 with great ideas and is always ready to help out with services to the school e.g Phone Duty, Jump Jam, Wet day monitor etc…! I am also a confident kid that loves speaking to an audience (you can ask Alice how my speech went). And also who is great with little children and telling them all about what school is like, you can ask my previous and current buddies if you want (Heidi, Courtney and Grace B). I am also a kind listener and who has a good understanding about Springston. I would really love to see some more whole school or senior activities that I could help plan out with the rest of the Ambassador team. Now here is a few words why my friends think I'm great for this team:
“She is great at organising things as she helped me with shave for a cure day. She is also a great role model to younger and older kids.” -Rosie


“She is great at making sure that when she is a wet day monitor that the kids with eat what they are suppose to aka sandwiches. She is also a reliable friend.”  -Phoebe B


“She is a really organised friend. Who is reliable and doesn't muck around. -Sarah


Thirdly here are some reasons why I would love to be in the catering team. I am great at cooking\baking things and I reckon my skills will definitely help out with this team. I also LOVE cooking and experimenting at home with mum and making crazy things with my brother.
I am a person strives to do the best I can and when something isn't quite right I will still keep on going. I also believe I am fantastic for this team because I do know how to cook sausages and plate them up and all that Jazz! I would love helping out with the starting school parties. I would really like to see some more starting school parties this year and maybe some more sausage sizzles and Icy Slices.


Lastly here are some reasons why I’m good for the Sport team. I play quite a lot of sports; Hockey, Tennis, Swimming, Touch etc… I am also great at learning and teaching sport games. I am also a well organised person who can plan out new sports  games and also can organise similar things like the mini olympics we had last year. I am also a reliable person who you can trust to put the sports gear out and away. This year I would really like to see something very similar to the mini olympics. I think I could definitely help out with that.


Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I hope you take me into consideration to be part of these teams.


Yours sincerely,



Emily T

No comments:

Post a Comment